Schiff Hardin's Diversity Committee enhances our ability to recruit, hire, retain and promote a diverse professional workforce on the basis of demonstrated merit by maintaining an inclusive culture that promotes success for all of our lawyers.
By sponsoring and developing activities with key minority, ethnic and women's organizations, the Diversity Committee at Schiff Hardin ensures that the firm is actively promoting diversity in the legal profession.
The Diversity Committee meets at least once a month to:
- Set goals for diversity
- Monitor and promote the development of diverse lawyers at our firm
- Pursue a variety of diversity initiatives
Minutes of the Diversity Committee meetings are provided to every lawyer at our firm, and a report from the Diversity Committee is a regular agenda item for meetings of our firm's Executive Committee, practice group leaders, partners’ and associates meetings.
Associates play critical roles on the Diversity Committee, to which they devote substantial time and attention. Under the supervision of Diversity Committee members, several dozen associates have organized themselves into task forces that focus on a variety of initiatives including:
- Recruiting law students
- Outreach to minority judicial clerks
- Pipeline initiatives and community outreach
- Assuming leadership roles in minority bar associations
- Providing affinity group support to diverse lawyers joining our firm