Our clients include some of the largest national and international financial institutions, private equity firms and hedge funds in the country, advising them on some of the most complex distressed transactions and investments, workouts, enforcement actions and bankruptcies in recent years.
We advise our clients on all issues confronting lenders when faced with an insolvent or defaulting borrower, including forbearance agreements, workouts, loan defaults, enforcement actions, cash collateral disputes, DIP lending, and contested plan confirmations.
Notable representations include:
- 785 Partners, LLC – Represented a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) in connection with its $106 million loan secured by a New York apartment building, obtaining a full recovery, including title to the building and a multi-million dollar cash payment.
- The Vue Orlando LLC – Represented the Note-A Senior Lenders in the workout of a $124 million loan facility secured by one of the largest luxury condominium developments in Orlando Florida.
- Representing a privately held $225 million exotic, high-end vehicle financing and leasing company in all aspects of its business.
- Conseco, Inc., et al. – Represented Indenture Trustee for the 93/94 Noteholders, under two $200 million indentures in the $6.5 billion bankruptcy (which was then the third-largest bankruptcy proceeding in United States history), in the Northern District of Illinois, resulting in a 100 percent distribution to all noteholders.
- Continental Airlines, Inc. – Represented the First Series Indenture trustee for approximately $100 million in secured equipment certificates in the bankruptcy case.
- Trump Taj Mahal, Inc. and Western Union (In re New Valley Corp.) – Represented the single largest bondholder in the District of New Jersey chapter 11 cases.