Mergers and Acquisitions
Alex has represented numerous parties in acquisitions and dispositions, including public companies, private companies, private equity funds, family offices, and individuals. Representative matters include:
- Altaris Capital Partners in connection with its take-private acquisition of Analogic Corporation for approximately $1.1 billion.
- The Randolph Group in the sale of its Vandor business (a leading design and distribution company that creates licensed home products including drinkware, sculpted collectibles, kitchenware, and home décor) to Bioworld Merchandising.
- Central Steel and Wire Company in the sale of the company to an affiliate of Ryerson Holding Corporation for approximately $151 million.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of FairPoint Communications, Inc. The public company all-stock transaction was valued at approximately $1.3 billion, including debt.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. in the sale of its Enterprise Services equipment and IT Services business.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. in the sale of its subsidiary Consolidated Communications of Iowa Company.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of Champaign Telephone Company and its sister company, Big Broadband Services, a private business communications provider in the Champaign-Urbana, Ill. area.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of Enventis Corporation. The public company transaction involved a cash purchase price of approximately $258 million, exclusive of debt.
- Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of SureWest Communications. The public company transaction involved a cash and stock purchase price of approximately $324 million, exclusive of debt.
- The Randolph Group and other owners of Weiman Products, LLC (a leading provider of premium branded specialty cleaning products for the consumer and healthcare markets) in the sale of the company to the Cortec Group, a New York City-based private equity firm.
- The Randolph Group and other owners of Arens Controls Company, LLC (a recognized leader in the production of control system solutions for industrial vehicles) in the sale of 100 percent of the membership interests in Arens for $98 million in cash to NYSE-listed Curtis-Wright Corporation.
- Precourt Sports Ventures LLC in the acquisition of the operating rights to the Columbus Crew Major League Soccer franchise. Under the agreement, the Columbus Crew became part of the privately held investment and management firm’s sports and entertainment business enterprise.
He has advised issuers in registered public offerings, Rule 144A sales, and other financing transactions, including representation of Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. in several notes offerings under Rule 144A.
Public Company Representation
He has served as outside securities counsel to several NYSE and Nasdaq-listed public companies, including with respect to their securities disclosure, compliance, board, and governance matters.
He has represented various insurance companies, mezzanine funds, and equity fund sponsors in connection with equity investments in a variety of companies and industries.