- Successfully represented YuppTV USA, Inc., one of the world’s largest internet-based TV and On-demand service providers for South Asian content, in obtaining emergency relief as a third party intervenor in a dispute between Dish Network LLC, et al. and Asia TV USA Ltd. in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. The temporary restraining order barred Asia TV USA Ltd. from terminating its Distribution Agreement or otherwise ceasing transmission of its television channels to our client.
- Successfully represented Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC in obtaining a rare preliminary injunction in federal district court. The injunction barred our client’s competitor from launching a generic version of its patented formulation of levothyroxine, an injectable thyroid hormone. The District Court for the District of New Jersey granted the injunction on the basis that our client was likely to win its patent lawsuit against its competitor.
- Managed litigation strategy for plaintiff in a declaratory judgment action seeking a preliminary injunction as in-house counsel.
- Managed inter partes review strategies as in-house counsel at medical device company.
As in-house counsel, Ahmed’s representative experience included:
- Negotiating and drafting U.S. promotion agreement out licensing drug product for marketing in South Korea on an exclusive basis.
- Negotiating and drafting license agreement out-licensing drug technology to develop over the counter drug product on exclusive basis for North America.
- Negotiating and drafting License, Supply, and Distribution Agreement with generic company out licensing device technology for a drug-device combination product in the United States.