Over the last ten years, Mark has focused a significant portion of his practice on alternative project delivery methods, particularly design-build and related turnkey-type structures like integrated project delivery. Mark is one of the country’s most frequently sought-after writers and speakers on the law and practice of design-build construction.
- Mark has developed and copyrighted the contract documents for a unique business plan under which architects and engineers can lead their own design-build teams. Architects and engineers from firms of all sizes and specialties have used Mark’s business structure and contract documents with success.
- Mark has participated in the structuring of and/or contract negotiation for most of the major construction projects in the Chicago area.
- Mark is a leading national commentator on the viability of tort claims for professional malpractice that seek recovery of solely economic losses.
- Mark has successfully defended real estate brokers, accountants, attorneys and insurance brokers in professional malpractice actions.
- Mark established an important precedent in the federal courts with regard to the recovery of attorney’s fees in frivolous claims.