Nicole’s extensive experience as corporate counsel includes the following:
- Advising members of senior management and boards of directors on corporate governance, operational policies and procedures, risk management, internal investigations and regulatory compliance.
- Negotiating and documenting complex domestic and international transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other contractual arrangements.
- Advising clients on the state and federal tax implications of their operations and representing them in contested tax matters.
- Working with members of Schiff Hardin’s Private Clients Trusts and Estates Group to advise owners of multi-generational family businesses on complicated matters relating to the tax-efficient transition of ownership and control.
- Working with members of Schiff Hardin’s Employee Benefits Group to develop, design and implement qualified and non-qualified executive compensation and benefit plans.
- Working with members of Schiff Hardin’s Environmental Group to develop, design and implement product sales and facility compliance programs.
- Counseling clients on litigation avoidance and in conjunction with Schiff Hardin’s litigators, participating in all forms of dispute resolution.