Dan has been practicing environmental law for nearly 20 years. His practice includes all facets of environmental law permitting, compliance and litigation, including federal and state cases involving the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, RCRA, CERCLA, FIFRA, TSCA, brownfields redevelopment, and state analogs. Before practicing law, Dan worked as a senior chemist for an environmental consulting firm and clerked for the U.S. EPA’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance. He is a frequent lecturer and has written about environmental legal issues for a variety of publications. His clients include gas transmission, storage and distribution companies, electric power utilities, private and municipal water and wastewater utilities, petroleum refineries and bulk storage facilities, solid waste landfills, ferrous and nonferrous scrap recyclers, mining companies, real estate developers, private equity groups, industrial manufacturers and suppliers, and consumer product manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
His work includes:
- NPDES & wetlands permitting & litigation
- 401 Water Quality Certifications
- CERCLA litigation
- RCRA compliance & enforcement actions
- Air permitting and litigation
- EPCRA reporting and compliance
- Combined sewer overflow long term control plan development
- Remediation and cost recovery
- FIFRA registrations
- TSCA compliance including import certifications, premanufacture notices, significant new use authorizations and PCB mega-rule compliance
- Transaction due diligence
- Product stewardship regulatory compliance
- Hazardous Material Transportation compliance
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Deeb was a senior chemist and group leader for Earth Tech, assisting clients to comply with federal and state environment statutes.