Schiff Hardin LLP is proud to receive 2015 Gold Standard Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF). Gold Standard Certification recognizes law firms with 300 or more attorneys that offer women meaningful opportunities to achieve the same prestige—and pay—as their male colleagues.
This is the third consecutive year that Schiff Hardin has received this recognition, and the firm was one of only eight in the nation to meet all six criteria:
- Women account for at least 20 percent of equity partners or alternatively, 33 percent or more of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months
- Women represent at least 10 percent of firm chairs and office managing partners
- Women make up at least 20 percent of the firm’s primary governance committee
- Women represent 20 percent or more of the firm’s compensation committee
- Women make up at least 25 percent of practice group leaders or department heads
- Women represent at least 10 percent of the top half of the most highly compensated partners
Marci A. Eisenstein, the firm’s Managing Partner, said, “It’s gratifying to receive a perfect score against WILEF’s Gold Standard Certification criteria. Schiff Hardin is committed to ensuring that female attorneys become successful leaders, and WILEF recognizes our effort to think beyond the numbers.”
“This classification from WILEF is just one more indication that we are moving in the right direction,” said Joanne B. Faycurry, head of Schiff Hardin’s Gender Diversity Subcommittee and Women's Networking Group. “With this award, and the election of our first female managing partner, the firm is making important strides toward gender equality.”
As the firm continues to cultivate female legal talent, Schiff Hardin is honored by the outside recognition of our efforts. Last month, American Lawyer ranked the firm in the top twenty among the Am Law 200 firms for its percentage of women equity partners. Additionally, the firm was ranked by Law360 as one of the “Best Law Firms for Female Attorneys,” and Vault named Schiff Hardin 1st in the nation in diversity for women and 5th in overall diversity on Vault's 2015 Best Law Firms for Diversity list.