CALIFORNIA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Categories of Personal Information Collected
- Personal identifiers such as name, postal address, phone numbers, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and email address.
- Commercial information such as records of services provided or interactions with our personnel.
- Internet or other network activity information such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our websites or other services.
- Audio, visual, or similar information such as voicemail recordings of calls to our personnel and CCTV video recorded at our facilities.
- Professional or employment-related information such as employment history and professional licenses and memberships.
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories, including information about preferences and characteristics that we collect via our Website or services or obtain from third parties.
Sources of Personal Information
- From our clients or prospective clients. For example, from information that our clients provide to us via our Website or when they otherwise interact or communicate with us,
- From publicly available sources including mailing or email list service providers,
- From our third-party service providers, and
- From third-party Analytics Providers via cookies, web beacons and other tracking mechanisms that collect Usage Information about visitor traffic on our Website.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- performing services for which we have been engaged,
- maintaining our business relationship with you,
- informing you about our Firm and its services, activities, publications and events,
- responding to your comments or requests for information,
- enforcing any contracts that we enter into with you or the business you represent, or defending claims arising from such contracts,
- operating, maintaining, improving, administering and providing our Website, including customizing and optimizing visitor experience,
- safety and security purposes, including where necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of us or others,
- where we are obligated, or permitted, to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process, including disclosure to governmental authorities, or
- as described to you when collecting your personal information.
Categories of Personal Information Shared
- Personal identifiers;
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other network activity;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories.
The above categories of information have been disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers performing services for us or assisting us to provide a requested service to you;
- Analytics providers that help us generate performance metrics regarding our Websites or services;
- Third parties authorized by you.
Rights Under the CCPA
The CCPA grants California residents the following rights:
Right to Know and Data Portability
You can request information about how we have collected, used, shared, disclosed and otherwise processed your personal information during the past 12 months, including the right to request the specific pieces of personal information that we possess.
Right of Deletion
You can request that we delete any of the personal information that we have collected from you. We may deny your deletion request pursuant to certain exceptions in the CCPA, and the response we provide will explain any reason for denying your request.
Right of Non-Discrimination
You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale
We do not sell your personal information so we do not offer an opt-out.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
To exercise your right to know or right of deletion, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
We reserve the right to confirm your California residency to process your requests. In accordance with the CCPA, we will need to confirm your identity to process your requests and we may require you to provide information associated with your transactions with us, or require you to provide government identification, signed declarations and other proof of identity. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf as provided under California law, and we reserve the right to request proof of such authorization. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you, or if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to your request. Our response will explain any reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
Direct Marketing Disclosures
California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section 1798.83) requires businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the business's practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not sell or provide your personal information to any third party for such third party’s direct marketing purposes and therefore do not respond to such requests.
Do Not Track
We do not collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities over time and across third-party websites, and therefore we do not currently employ a process for responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers, mobile devices, or other mechanisms. We do not have arrangements with any third parties (such as third party advertising networks and social media platforms) authorizing them to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites or other offerings.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement