Schiff Hardin is nationally recognized for our experience, talent and creativity as bond counsel and counsel in other capacities in public law and finance transactions.
Our experience in this sector is both broad and deep. We have represented an energy company in connection with tax-exempt pollution control financings and re-financings for its electric-generating facilities. In addition, our firm is finance counsel to several educational institutions regarding their tax-exempt financings, and we have represented banks as providers of credit enhancement for, and investors in, tax-exempt financings. We also have experience on a national level representing the corporate trust departments of banks in connection with workouts and defaults of corporate and municipal securities.
In these capacities, we have experience with virtually every kind of state and local government financing, including:
- General obligation bonds of state and local governments
- Enterprise revenue bonds
- Installment purchase contracts and certificates of participation
- Cash flow borrowings
- Single family and multi-family housing revenue bonds and health care financings
- Industrial development and pollution control financings
- Tax increment and special service area financings