Schiff Hardin represents lenders, institutional investors, placement agents, borrowers and lessors/lessees in various corporate and commercial debt financing contexts. These include:
- Credit facilities of various types
- Equipment and real estate leasing, including:
- Single investor
- Synthetic leases
- Secured and unsecured loans
- Securitizations and monetizations
- Project and structured finance
- Letter of credit, banker's acceptance and commercial paper financing
- Sales and leasebacks
- Credit tenant loans
- Asset sales
- Private placements of secured and unsecured notes
- Enhanced equipment trust certificates (EETCs)
Our preeminence in finance law is evidenced by the fact that Chambers & Partners' Chambers USA has recognized our finance practice in their annual rankings in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005. Two of our attorneys were named 2014 Leading Lawyers by Chambers & Partners' Chambers USA.
Five members of our Finance Group have been elected Fellows of the American College of Investment Counsel (ACIC). The ACIC is a national organization of lawyers from both private practice and financial institutions, concentrating in the area of major institutional investments including private placements, project finance and structured finance.
One of our attorneys is a Fellow of the American College of Commercial and Finance Lawyers (ACCFL), the leading national association of lending attorneys.