In today's business environment, companies are subject to ever greater scrutiny from shareholders, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the stock exchanges on which their securities are traded.
We understand the nuances of this evolving corporate governance landscape and regularly advise companies, boards of directors, board committees, individual directors and officers, and institutional investors about the full range of corporate governance matters.
Advice on corporate governance has been a staple of our corporate counseling for many years, but the adoption of the historic Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act in 2010 and, prior to that, theSarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 has emphasized the importance of implementing "best practices" in the areas of corporate governance, compliance and ethics. To that end, we offer comprehensive corporate governance and corporate compliance services, including advice with respect to:
- Board and board committee composition, practices and procedures
- Proper functioning of audit, compensation, and governance committees
- Director and officer compliance with fiduciary duties
- Compliance with Securities and Exchange Commission, NYSE, and Nasdaq corporate governance rules
- Implementation of corporate record retention programs
- Conduct of internal investigations and enforcement actions
- Corporate codes of conduct, conflicts of interest and related party transaction policies
- Corporate compliance programs