Schiff Hardin Webinar
December 16, 2010
- 2:00 p.m.
Schiff Hardin will host a webinar titled "Assessing Strategic Bank Acquisitions: Open-Bank v. FDIC-Assisted Transactions," on Thursday, Dec. 16. Discussion topics will include:
- Why some open-bank acquisitions and recaps have worked and others have not
- Credit portfolio valuation considerations in open-bank acquisitions
- Pros and cons of the 363 sale / bankruptcy structure in open-bank transactions
- Changes in FDIC-assisted acquisition rules and loss-share coverage
- FDIC-assisted acquisition trends
- Comparing and contrasting an open-bank v. FDIC-assisted bank acquisition
- 2011 forecasts for open-bank and FDIC-assisted transactions
Steven Kent, managing director of corporate finance with Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, and Kelley Lee, practice leader at SolomonEdwardsGroup, will be guest speakers. Schiff Hardin's webinar speakers include Christopher J. Zinski, a partner in the Financial Institutions group; J. Mark Fisher, leader of the Restructuring, Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights group; and Lori Buerger, an associate in the Financial Institutions group. Matthew Galo, a partner in Schiff Hardin's Financial Institutions group, will moderate the webinar.
Event registration is available until Wednesday, Dec. 15 at http://eventcallregistration.com/reg/index.jsp?cid=19425t11