Judith S. Roth's experience in protecting client intellectual property rights has included counseling and litigation of trademark, trade dress, copyright and trade secret issues.
She has represented clients both as plaintiffs and defendants. When litigation has been required, she has obtained temporary restraining orders and injunctions to halt infringements and unfair competition. She also has represented clients with respect to disputes arising from electronic media and communications, including intellectual property ownership and use, data privacy, defamation, social media use and restrictions and related jurisdictional issues.
She also has represented clients in the apparel and entertainment industries with respect to antitrust, civil rights, contract, defamation and insurance disputes. Insurance
In the insurance area, Ms. Roth has handled a broad array of legal matters in federal and state courts and in arbitration. Her experience includes disputes involving coverage for:
- Asbestos and lead liabilities
- Disaster-related claims under business interruption policies
- Valuation issues with respect to property losses
- Prosecution of broker negligence claims
- Analysis of retrospective premium and fronting programs, and policy negotiation and claims-handling issues involving professional liability
- Directors and officers insurance
Ms. Roth also has litigated civil practice, confidentiality, contract, construction, employment, environmental, real estate and tort disputes. She also has conducted confidential internal investigations with respect to corporate governance issues.