Ms. Bowman possesses extensive litigation and transactional experience, including:
- Representation of owners, contractors and design professionals in the drafting and negotiation of construction, design and related industry contracts for construction projects throughout the country.
- Management of construction-related disputes and litigation, including disputes arising out of the construction of large-scale commercial, residential and energy facilities.
"Design/Construction Contracts That Delegate or Share Design," (co-author) Shared Design (2011)
Speeches and Presentations
"Understanding the AIA Form Documents," Chicago-Kent College of Law (December 1, 2009)
"Key Changes and Additions to AIA Document B101-2007," Chicago, Illinois (February 27, 2008)
Prior to joining Schiff Hardin, Ms. Bowman practiced as a construction associate with a Chicago firm. Her prior experience included both transactional and litigation matters, including the following:
- Representing an owner in a 19-week trial involving the construction of a luxury hotel located in Vail, Colorado, which included claims for defective construction, delay, non-payment and breach of the covenant of good faith.
- Representing owners, general contractors and design professionals in the drafting of form and manuscript contracts for projects located throughout the country.
- Defending a general contractor from various claims relating to improvements to a coal-fired power plant.
- Representing an owner in an action against a structural engineer related to differential settlement in the construction of a multi-family residential complex.
- Representing a general contractor in a federal action for claims related to perform and payments bonds.
- Representing owners, contractors, subcontractors and design professionals in the drafting of and litigation related to mechanics liens.